Air Pressure Switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi -

Hoping someone can point us in the right direction!

I have a Ravenheat RSF82ET. Had a problem of no hot water of heating for about 2 weeks now - had one plumber in who said it was the pcb. Purchased and installed a new one - and, uh-oh, it didn't make a difference.

My cousin came to look at it (who installed it). He blew into a pipe off of the air pressure switch - and yipee - it all worked again, but was short lived.

So - when it happened again my partner did the same thing. We turned the heating off and on again a number of times, and it all fired on okay.

So we left it on for a period and during this time - the fan has stopped running again.

We have now soaked some water out of the auto air vent valve (should it have water in it??) - and have blown through the tube again and it's working - but in readiness for it cutting out - anyone have any ideas what this problem could actually be ??

Thanks in advance.

Elisa.

Sponsored Links
fitz1 said:
if its the condens model make sure the pipe is clear.

As far as we can make out - it isn't the condensing model - but lets see if it does keep working once it has been cleared. :confused:

quotes do not work if you have the "Disable BBCode in this post" box ticked as you had in this one and your next post.
Please also note general information item g

Sponsored Links
There was a problem with the honeywell air pressure switch fitted to this model boiler this has been replaced on later models by the hoover air pressure switch. Is the switch on your boiler metal or white plastic ? if it is metal then it is the honeywell type and I would advise you to have an engineer change it for the hoover type

It's a metal one! Thank you! We shall certainly try that and get an installer in asap.

Many many thanks.

Elisa.

If that was a metal one then that will probably be the cause
this has been replaced on later models by the hoover air pressure switch
He means HUBA not hoover.

Also make sure that the venturi tube connects at 90º to the direction of the flue. If not then undo the 4 screws that hold the flue in place and rotate the venturi collar inside accordingly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back