Air Source Heat Pump - Heating wont come on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I currently have a Husky ASHP installed at home. We bought the house 18 months ago and the system was already installed. The system is an intelligent i16
I had the ASHP serviced back in May and an actuator valve changed as some of the radiators were not going off with the rest of the heating
Last night the pressure dropped to about 0.6/0.7 bar so i took it upon myself to increase the pressure to around 1.5 bar and since ive had an issue with the radiators all over the house not warming up.
I have two thermostats one up and one down stairs. They are set on 20 degrees yet both show room temps at 15 degrees but still no radiators on.
I have bled each radiator slightly to bring the pressure back down
I have switched the whole unit off and back on again
I have changed the control panel multiple times to either auto or just heating and still nothing
Hot water is fine

We have a 1 year old and the house is cold, I'm stuck as to what i may have done by filling the boiler and increasing the pressure and how to resolve
Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Only thing I can think of is if they are wireless thermostats they may have become unrecognized or to far away from the control unit (or even dead batteries). Try them right next to control unit, check batteries & see if there is anything about resetting in the manual.

I can reset them with a button on the front which i have just tried but they are fixed to the wall
I dont think its batteries as there is no battery sign and both wouldnt go at the same time i wouldnt suspect
If they have been unrecognized, do you know how i can check and possibly re connect or pair them up?

There have been glimmers of heat on the rads in the last hour, but then they go cold again

thermostats are connected
rads still only slightly warm :(

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you need an ASHP engineer out, especially if you have a 1 yr old, it's really hard to diagnose anything around new tech, not being onsite.

Husky LTD seem to be dissolved so you can't call on them for support which would the first port of call. Time to get your service engineer back methinks.

One of the problems with an ASHP is that the outdoor unit gets very cold, and so in our damp British climate they are prone to icing up, even when its a few degrees above freezing outside. At the moment, the one at my office has to defrost itself for 20 minutes every hour, then it's on standby for another 10 minutes, then I get 30 minutes of heat before the cycle repeats. So, as the weather gets colder the heat it produces drops off dramatically. It has to be left running 24/7 in order to maintain a 21 degree indoor temperature at the moment.

However, if this is your problem it would have also been apparent last winter.

I think it would be very unlikely for both room thermostats to develop comms issues at the same time. One of my thermostats which is hardwired flashes up an communication error code every so often and shuts the zone it's connected to down, so has to be reset. The engineer's been out to it several times and even seen it in fault condition but hasn't been able to get fix it. Fortunately the other zones continue to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back