Air-source heat pump system not quite behaving - temp dropping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping that there's someone knowledgable on here that can help with our relatively newly installed air-source heat pump. The heat pump seems to have no problem heating the water up to the temperature set by the climate curve, (about 39 degrees this morning), but then the heating water temp is dropping fairly rapidly by about 10 degrees before getting heated up again - see chart below.

When most of the house is calling for heat we see the curve behave much more as we'd expect, with the temp remaining pretty steady within a degree or so of the set temp. However, when some/most of the rooms are warm enough then we get this spiky profile and end up with much lower temp water circulating through the remaining rooms that aren't yet warm enough for a lot of the time...obviously not ideal. I think that the temperature is being allowed to drop because the temp differential that the heat pump is seeing between input and output isn't enough, (it's only been 2 degrees when I've been checking it), but why would this differential be so little when there are still rooms that need heating? Has anyone come across/fixed this sort of issue before? Any ideas would be really appreciated...

Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 10.46.45.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back