baxi combi 105e central heating temp problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya,

the central heating on my baxi combi 105e is working but even with the temp turned up fully, it only seems to heat the two downstairs rads to just warm and not red hot like the upstairs rads. I have tried balancing the other hot rads to try to get the downstairs hotter but doesn't seem to work. The boiler ignites until temp goes up to 80 degrees then turns off until temp drops back down to 40 degrees then kicks in again but doesn't seem to hold the temperature at 50/60/70 degrees. Not sure what else to try. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

John.

Sponsored Links
I think you are mentioning two different problems.

What happens downstairs when you turn off all the upstairs rads?

Can you time exactly how long the boiler goes off for on the anti cycle delay. Its not adjustable but might give us a clue that the time constant is too long as a result of a PCB fault..

Tony

Thanks very much for the quick reply Tony.

Thankfully I seem to have sorted out the problem today by fitting a new central heating temperature sensor. I managed to pick one up from a local spares shop for just over £4. The boiler heats up all the way to 80 degrees now then drops down to 60/50 degrees like it should, so tonight my house is the warmest its ever been!! Just in time for winter, happy days!

All the best, thanks again.

John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back