Air tools connector types

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope someone can help. Have recently brought a compressor to supply a CNC router. I also want to run some woodworking air tools off it - orbital sander, staple gun, blower etc. I'm getting the pipework installed and don't know what connectors to get, since I've never worked with air tools before. There seems to be no standard fitting and since I don't have any of the tools already I'm not sure what they'll take. Can anyone tell me what is the most common fitting? Is any one of them better for me to start with and then I can buy the tools to fit that? PCL or something else?

Also, any advice on good airtools brands also welcome!

Hope you can help - thanks in advance....

Sponsored Links
Most of the standard British fittings are 1/4 or 3/8 BSP.....you can get all you need from Machine Mart, including the plastic pipe thats best used to carry the air around your workshop.
You'll need one hell of a compressor to drive that lot!
I use Clarke air tools, but SIP are probably a bit better. You get what you pay for.....
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back