Air vent filling in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We used to have warm air heating with grills all around the house. Currently we are having central heating installed and the company we are using are supposed to be filling/bricking up the grills. How are these suppose to look after they’ve been filled?? Is it supposed to be smooth to the rest of the wall?? As at the moment the grills that they have been filled in look uneven? Any advise/experience would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Steve

++++++++++++++
I have deleted your duplicate post //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568437#568437

Please have a look at //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19448

Mod Rupert
++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
If you have plastered walls then it's utterly possible to make the hole appear as though it was never there, so I have a hunch that you've engaged a plumbing company and that they don't know much about construction/brickwork/plastering.

That's correct the plumbing company are filling in the grills.
Is it best to let them carry on with this or should I get a Professional to do the job, as the two grills they have done certainly don't hole appear as though it was never there?

stevedeanlm said:
That's correct the plumbing company are filling in the grills.
Is it best to let them carry on with this or should I get a Professional to do the job, as the two grills they have done certainly don't hole appear as though it was never there?
Get a professional.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back