Air Water Heat Pump or Oil Fired Boiler ......... in Spain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope some one can help as I'm finding it difficult to reach an informed opinion about this. We live 35km inland in Spain; summer temps go to +34, winter to +3 or +4, rarely frost but fairly often with very strong winds from the north. We are reforming a house of 100 sq m, all double glazed with modern reflecting glass in north facing windows (x3), plus an extra skin of foam backed plasterboard. We consider insulation to be good but not as good as a good UK house; the roof void may be restricted for further rockwool for example.

We will have a wood burner, about 8kW. We want water powered UFCH and wish to install it on top of existing tiled floors, then with terracotta tiles to finish; we have sufficient headroom.

We would like an ASHP for long term sustainability but am concerned about reliabilty of the machine and the output size. One local Spanish company suggests 16 kW & we await another quote. Bearing in mind the apparent outlay cost of these pumps (8000-ish euros quoted thus far) I wonder if I would be better off with oil. We are mid 60's in age so pay back time could be an issue.

Opinion, comments, experiences gratefully received. My thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back