Heating World Grandee External Wall mounted Oil Fired Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am hoping that I can get some sort of information about my boiler? :?:

This was fitted (brand new) in Oct of 2007, and replaced my LPG boiler (village life no piped gas!).

I was told by my installer that this was a very good boiler (even though he had not used the make before). The installation was completed, along with a new tank, pipework, electrics, new hot water tank, 3 port divertor and pumps. The system was drained and flushed and inhibitors put in and all the valves are new thermostatic. There is a new digi room thermostat.

Problems:
The boiler kept on locking out, this happened on most morning (not just cold ones). My installer checked it over and said it needed a new oil pipe and return valve. This was delivered and fitted, it made no difference.
A new control panel was delivered, and fitted, this made no difference.
A new burner was delivered and fitted, this worked for a short time (2 weeks). During this time I noticed the boiler would work for about 15 mins on initial start up, then go off and then start for 1 min and then go off for 5 mins throughout its timed on period. This ment that we never got up to the required room temprature of 20 degrees.

This burner then locked out, and a new version? was installed by ecoflam (the burner manufatures). This now works even in the coldest weather, but still has this stop/start running method, this means the temprature of our 2 bed house will only rise by 2 or 3 (maximum) degrees when running. It is only on from 6.30am-8.30am and 4.30pm-9.50pm and is using 125 ltrs of fuel oil every 2 weeks (or 250 ltrs ever 4 weeks) and we can't believe that is correct as it works out at about £120 per month for a 2 bed house.

The 3 port divertor has burnt out on 2 previous occasions and has been changed and now the 3rd one is burnt out. And finally the pump has been changed twice.

Now call me Mr Lucky but there must be something wrong somewhere, and I was hopeing that someone on here with an oil fired central heating background and competence would be able to shed some light.

Many thanks in adavance.

Pete

Sponsored Links
Could be either faulty boiler stat or boiler stat is turnd down too low.

Hi cjb 1971,

The boiler stat is at the highest point (set by the ecflam engineer?)
The boiler stat was part of the control panel that was changed. Even so my engineer with his new fangled digi temp reader only got it to read about 22 degrees once the boiler was up and running?

I'm well confused

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back