Grandee oil boiler lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Grandee 1 oil boiler with a sterling burner that locks out , I have posted here about a couple of weeks back where a possible cause was the photocell being dirty, I removed the photocell and cleaned it as it was dusty, the boiler worked for one week all o.k.

The origional fault was the boiler would lockout continuously after 10 secs or so after I pressed the reset button, this is when I cleaned the photocell and the fault cleared.

Past few days its started to lockout again, this is now what happens, first time on in morning it fires up for about 10 secs can hear the ignition of the oil/air, no black smoke, looks clear from exhaust.

If I press the reset button on control box it then fires up and works through the day, it comes on/off from the thermostat on the boiler and the timer, the boiler is mostly used for hot water at this time of year so not on that much.

I removed the photocell again just to see if any dust/dirt had got to it but its totally clean, can these go intermittant ???

Once its up and running it seems to work well but there must be a fault to cause the inital lockout.

The control box seems to have lots of relay contacts in it, is there any electronic fault system in the control box ??? or in the base box that can cause this fault, seems that many timing operations are routed from this control box.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back