Ecoflam Minor 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have this problem with an Ecoflam Minor 1/WM Grandee. Burner goes to lockout when trying to re ignite after reaching temperature on the boiler stat. The flame will re establish for approx 10 seconds. After trying for about 6 lockouts will fire & run. New solenoid coil, motor & photocell fitted. Co2 10.5%. Pump pressure has been pushed up to 140psi to enable clean burn. There are some issues with the height of boiler in relation to the oil tank about 1m negative head.

Sponsored Links
As long as there is a non-return valve at the tank, the 1 metre lift should not be a problem to a Minor 1.
a hot start problem could be the solenoid stem letting by and flame developing too soon which would cause a lock out due to faulse light,

as you say it is firing up and then locking out, I would say that the ignition system is not at fault, as you have already changed the PE cell, my money is on the solenoid stem assembly (you don't say if the oil pump is a Danfoss BFP or a Delta) ;)

Fit a tiger loop. The problem could be that the fuel in a hot pump is aerating too much giving an unstable flame. As regards a non return valve, these seem to work much better at the burner end as on Wallstars.

Sponsored Links
Solenoid valves can stick due to heat (try touching the solenoid coil after the burner has been running 1/2hr you will see just how hot they become!!
I agree with oil head regarding the position of the NRV, but with the NRV at the burner end you will have to be very sure the joints between the NRV and the tank are Oil tight and will not allow air to be sucked in ;)

28 sec oil will vapourise at around40c, so in a hot pump, it will start to bubble sooner than in a cold pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back