Airey house fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just after a bit of advice, just opened my fire place in my non standard build 1940 Airey house, I have found how wide it will be, but after removing some of the fire back and some of the rubble behind it, I stuck a tape measure as far back as it can, and it reads 700mm surely it cant be that deep, I reckon another 300mm and Ill be in the neighbours house, is it possible to have no wall between neighbours? the combined chimney thickness has to be between 900 and 1200mm.

Kind regards
Thanks for any advise.

Sponsored Links
HI.

Is it possible that the fire places in each house are in effect "offset" and on plan are side by side?

Hi

Didn't think of that will have to look, unlikely but fingers crossed, there house mirrors ours, shared stack four pots, downstairs flu goes of to right, directly above upstairs fireplace , with straight flu, I will have a look at theire one tomorrow.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back