airing cupboard dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Floor mounted combo boiler, not in a cupboard at present. I think you are not allowed to store clothes above if I built a cupboard around boiler, but if I fitted kitchen wall units above boiler and replaced solid base and shelf with wooden slats or grid, could that work as an airing cupboard?

Sponsored Links
Modern boiler will have a balanced flue with no requirement for room ventilation.Will provide little or no heat for an airing cupboard.

Access for maintenance will be required. If you google the make and model number and look for the installation guide, you should be able to find the minimum surrounding clearances acceptable.

Please allow the gas man to access the ports at the flue exit on the top of the boiler, whatever you decide!
He'll need to get his flue gas analyser in there.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. I have the impression that, provided I allow for good access for maintenance, I can put a cupboard around and store clothing above - I will leave a good gap between the boiler and the lowest shelf, and perhaps fit a removable metal mesh shelf to ensure nothing drops down onto the boiler. Think cannibalising a cheap tall kitchen cabinet could be the answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back