Airing cupboard ventilation requirements

M

Maz04

Hi there,

Our airing cupboard contains the boiler and water tank, the boiler was installed a year ago. Presently the airing cupboard is a rickety shell with slated doors.

We want to make the cupboard steadier and have solid cupboard doors as opposed to slated ones as we are planning on turning the small room that it is in into a nursery. Can anyone advise if this is a wise idea or if we should replace the doors again with slated ones?

Not sure what the ventilation guidelines are?

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
if u have a look in the installation instructions it will say if/how much ventilation u require, if its a room sealed appliance there is a chance i may not even need ventilation.

If it's an open flued appliance it's mega important have correct ventilation, check it out properly before proceeding.

Many thanks - says in the manual that it does not need an extra ventialation as it is a self cooling boiler. Only that is does need some clearance space which it already has.

So I guess that it is safe to proceed?

Sponsored Links
WHatever it is nothing flammable must be stored in the cupboard, and there must be an effective arrangement for keeping clothes etc the required distance from the boiler.

The make of the boiler is a Baxi Solo 3 PFL Range - Wall mounted powered flu.

Everyone's comments have been really helpful - I will make sure that the builder abides by the clearance guidelines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back