Airlock. Hosepipe connector help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I'd like some advice please if I may.

I have an air,lock in my hot tap in the kitchen. I have water in the other hot taps, and no flow at all from this tap. It's a single pillar tap. The tank feeding it and it's outlet is ok, I have cleaned the filter and the pipes to it are solid copper. There are no service valves on the pipe to it either or other valves.

I am going to force the water from the cold mains tap also in the same sink. But am not sure what connection to use to connect hosepipe up to the taps :oops: I may need to go and buy a fitting from B & Q. Please can anyone tell me what connector will fit a standard 1/2 inch hosepipe to a normal tap spout?

Many thanks

Barry

Sponsored Links
Folllow the list below:

1. Close all taps in the house.
2. Place your hand under the spout of the kitchen mixer tap.
3. Open hot side of tap and then the cold slowly.
This will push cold water up the pipework on the hot side.
4. Do above for approx. 30 seconds.
5. Close cold then hot tap.
6. Go upstairs and open hot tap, watch air then water come out.
7. Sit down and have a cup of tea, DIY over for this weekend.

Andy

thank you for your reply. I don't have a mixer tap though in the kitchen, just 2 singles!

I may have read it wrong, but I think he has 2 seperate pillar taps, not a mixer.

Buy 2 Hozelok tap connectors from here (the ones with the black wing nuts) -

http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-fittings/connect-to-tap.html

Connect a short length of hose between the two connectors, then fix them to the taps. Then follow Hert's instructions from step no. 3.

Alternatively, if you have hot and cold washing machine taps, you may be able to fit a wash. machine hose between the hot and cold ones and dislodge the airlock that way.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back