Al-Ko accelator cable replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Form,

I am having replace broken throttle cable in my Al-KO T13 92 HD.
I have bought the cable, and now the task is to replace; only trouble is to replace the throttle lever. Please someone who has replaced in the past, suggest me the better way.
Issue I am seeing is to replace the leave, as the steering weel is obstructing it.
Any suggestion is more helpful.

Thanks

Kind regards,
K

Sponsored Links
I don’t know this machine well, but if the steering wheel was removed would that help?
If so, they are generally fixed using a roll pin, which is quite simple to press out using a punch of the correct diameter.
John

Thanks

I manage to remove the steering, now this pin is obstructing to remove the cover. Any suggestions please.

Greatly appreciate.

Kind regards,
K

Attachments

• 20240203_162918.jpg
    20240203_162918.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20240203_162930.jpg
    20240203_162930.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240203_162913.jpg
    20240203_162913.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
At this point I think we need to ascertain if that splined piece is part of the steering shaft itself, or is just a push on fit to it......from your pics it would seem that there are two different parts there.
If the splined collar doesn’t come off then it and the steering shaft must be one - which is pretty unlikely I think.
I guess you can’t access the throttle lever from below at all?
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back