Alarm Auto Dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted this late the other night, didn't get any replys so I thought I would post again -

About to install an auto dialer that I have had for some time.

Would appreciate some advice on wiring.

The BT line routes to the house via the front door at the top, and then travels behind the door frame architrave, before disappearing under the floor to the one BT socket in the living room.

My easiest access to actually run new cable to the auto dialer, is behind this architrave which is presently accessible (the alarm control box is situated upstairs and this is where I intend installing the autodialler) hence only a small cable run to get to this point.

I think there appears to be two wires in the incoming BT cable, which look like they have once been inside a junction box, but are now just taped up, i.e. the BT wire (black) is joined and taped to the thinner white phone wire feeding the master socket in the living room.

Can anyone advise on the type of cable/junction box and a wiring diagram to do this.

Many thanks,

Al

Sponsored Links
yep - you have to wire to the BT faceplate (or move the linebox - hint hint ) dont connect straight into the junction box, only BT are allowed to do that

Sponsored Links
Sorry about the late thank you, but thanks for responding.

The line box cant really be moved as the cable is ran under the floorboards which in turn are overlaid with laminate.

Anymore advice on how to wire at the point of the door would be appreciated.

I would rather not pay BT prices!!

Sorry about the late thank you, but thanks for responding.

The line box cant really be moved as the cable is ran under the floorboards which in turn are overlaid with laminate.

Anymore advice on how to wire at the point of the door would be appreciated.

I would rather not pay BT prices!!

move the line box to where the joint box is now and fit a new slave outlet where the linebox was - but you should get BT in to do it (yeah right LOL)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back