Alarm Bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello this may sound stupid but i was just wondering i have a old alarm and i want to install it in to my garage but i don't really need a bell box is there a way where i could just bypass a external bell box and just use a normal internal speaker.
if anyone can help that will be great.
if more information is need about wiring or anything just ask.

Many Thanks :D

Sponsored Links
what panel is it ? use a SOINT 2/WH Electronically driven speaker with
selectable sound output as this should cover all panels

or a pyronix twin alert you can use both speaker output for entry tones and bell trigger ( s- on 800l ) for internal sounder.

Sponsored Links
i have already got a internal sounder could i not just link the trigger or hold offs somewhere and just use the siren part in the section for the bell box and use the internal if you understand what i mean

just mount the bell internally if you dont want the battery back up dont connect the battery or fit the link ( depending on bell box model ) you cant wire the piezo direct to the panel as the electronics inside the bell box control this.

well that's just what i want to try and avoid doing as it takes up more room.
well what i have done it wired it all up minus the external bell box but it is not going to a continuous tone so it looks like i need the bell box for it to work properly. i was just wondering a if i could do something with the 4-5 wires that would normally go to the box to get it working with out the box and just the internal sounder or move the wires from that to the bell box siren

ok what you need to do is put a link between r- and ov where the bell normally connects, thats why your panel is showing tamper and its not going into constant tone

right ok i can see the -r but which one will be the ov i have (-r)(-)(+)(s-)(st-)

Thank you very much

i have just tried that and it all works great
i am grateful for you help.
keep up the good work.

Thank you :p

no problem was a bit unsure what you where wanting to do to start with, thought you where needing to connect an extra internal sounder/ speaker

I hope the garage is attached and you can hear the activation if it indeed happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back