Alarm insecurity - jamming, replaying and brute-forcing on the Yale HSA6400

Yes, but you aren't trying to do that. You are posting a link to a PDF that doesn't mention burglary, and a link to site showing burglaries in Bedford
No, The Bedford link shows 163 crimes, of which two were burglary. North Perth Police doc doesn't see burglary as much of a problem. So I can't see a cluster, of any burglaries, never mind ones where a jammer might have been used. Can you? I am however aware that the public is especially frightened of burglary.

I also can't see a cluster of car crimes that could be related to Jammer usage as Bernard mentioned earlier. Can you? Of the 163 Bedford crimes, one was vehicle.

I don't know where Bernard lives, perhaps it is a Burglary and Jammer hotspot, not to mention the drones.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I can't see how the number of burglaries has any link to the mechanism used to carry them out. I doubt anyone else can either.

You've picked areas with low rates of burglary.

No, I have picked North Perth, and Central Bedford. Show me your home town, perhaps there is something in it to suggest that drones and jammers could possibly be a problem. Or you can link to the crime reports in your local paper, or neighbourhood watch, or the court cases, or wherever you get your information from that makes you think we should be afraid of drones and jammers. There is nothing in mine.

Perhaps you are offended that I don't believe scare stories when I can find no evidence to support them. I suppose I just have a naturally suspicious mind.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hooray, you've found some newspaper articles saying that car jammers exist. Looks like they might all have been written from the same press release.

Your police link doesn't work. What does it say?

Is there something in it to suggest that drones and jammers could possibly be a problem? What? Why don't you quote it?

No, John, it just says that some places have a significant number of burglaries, and that you can't infer how entry was gained from that.

Let me see if I understand your position.

Something has suggested to you that drones and jammers are being used to burgle people's houses.

What convinced you to that opinion?

Drones? No, I have absolutely no idea why you think I think that.

Jammers? No, I have no idea, and I don't suspect so, as I explicitly state in the original blog post.

Is unintentional jamming a problem? Yes.

The point is it is possible to do this, and good design would mean that it isn't. As these same people start making Internet connected alarms with cameras inside your house, you will see similar or worse security issues.

My position is that I don't believe "drones" and "jammers" are a significant (or even perceptible) source of housebreaking. Because I have seen no evidence to support the idea.

And you accuse me of not believing in burglary!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back