Alarm problem (self caused!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a guardtec alarm that was already in the house when we moved in. I think that it is either a 360 or a 580.

Anyway, I was trying to swap over one of the movement detectors for an \\\'animal smart\\\' one that I had bought - so that the cats would stop setting off the alarm.

Well, you guessed it. I managed to set off the tamper alarm and couldn\\\'t reset the system (no power to the control pad). So I had to get the ladder out and disconnect the battery within the alarm siren box - man that thing is loud when you are that close to it!

The problem that I have now is that there is no power to the control pad so despite re-wiring to the original movement sensor I cannot get the alarm to work.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
you have blown a fuse in the panel change it for another one tha is the same as the blown one, probably 1 amp.

also the pet detectors dont work, but then if you have changed the origonal one for a pet detector, assuming its at the same height it will probably pick up nothing, but in geneal they are a waste of time.

try a search for more info

I have to say my pussy cat has not set them off yet, and the system's been installed 6+ years.

Edit:

Oh **** me! That ****ing Swear Filter has ****ing bleeped out the word ****ing pussy! I don't ****ing believe it!

****-Bastards!

Thanks. Have found fuse (glass line fuse, like you get in car radios) and it is blown as you suggest. All I need to do now is find somewhere that sells them... I assume the colour banding on it tells me what amp is is?

Hopefully that'll solve the problem.

P.S. So the animal immune sensors are no good then? I suppose I'll find out when I get the alarm back working.

Sponsored Links
The size is normally etched in the base of the fuse, i.e. F1A (Quickblow 1A) or T1A (Antisurge 1A) etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back