Alarm recomendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking to get semi wireless system with GSM dialler possibly to add cctv later
This what I come with:
Outside bell main wired
control/box and keyboard main wired
PIR's wireless
I am looking to get it all for under £500
I am not sure if that what I have listed is enough or I missed something.
If someone can list what else i will need to get all system installed and what manufactures are the best on the market these days.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
thank you for this. i just looked at the web. and there a few different ones.is there any particular model to look for.

How many zones/ areas do you want around the property?

How many wireless how many hardwired?

Sponsored Links
its a 2 bed semi D house. not sure how many do i need.
I am thinking to get all wireless system but want main powered external bell and and keyboard to be to connected to mains power and to be able to communicate wireless if this is possible.

Look at the prices of the wireless kits and what comes with them.

Wireless detectors are expensive to buy compared to hardwired ones.

12w can have 8 wireless devices in total
24w can have 16 wireless
48 can have 32 wireless

the rest can be made up hard wired, 4 hardwired zones on panel and two on the back of the keypad.

the kits usually have

1 keypad
1 panel
a few wireless detectors

The kit should give you the minimum to get started, as its wireless devices you can add without having to worry about routing cables later if need to expand.

Depends on what you want/need to protect, get a local company to do a free survey if your unsure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back