Alarm Recommendations

This will be an unmonitored uncertified system for ease of mind, so don't worry chaps, not putting you out of business! :LOL:

The Alarm systems for sale here are HUGELY expensive, DIY makes much more sense for the wallet and has the same outcome.

This will be an unmonitored uncertified system for ease of mind, so don't worry chaps, not putting you out of business! :LOL:

The Alarm systems for sale here are HUGELY expensive, DIY makes much more sense for the wallet and has the same outcome.

We know this, but are still willing and able to assist.

But what you will get from us is a system that IS GRADED here and under EN rules should be where you are anyway. So it could be monitored in your country if needed.

Obviously your going to buy it from here for the savings possible. The only drawback could be language on the system.

Not going to cut paste and look back but what is the one you need?
Although you can name the zones yourself the basic messages could be in another language.

Bet no one else has thought of that yet :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I did have a brief think about it, and figured tip-ex and a permanent marker would go a long way :LOL: (just kidding!)

Looking at that voice module thingy, 2 14 second messages...

Again, I don't know the functionality of these systems... But can you make it run the recorded message when you arm or disarm?

Can you add more than one voice module?
4 sentences

1. Flat 1
2. Flat 2

3. Armed
4. Disarmed

When arming whole house it would play 1, 2, 3 in succession.
Disarming 1,2,4

One section disarmed 1,4 2,3

(Obviously in Slovak for Granny!)
Or am I asking for something too advanced and it doesn't support that?

The one you suggested was the texecom Premier 48.

Do you use any of their software to program them, or do you do it manually via the keypad? What language is it?

Just had another thought as well.

If I stick a single magnetic contact on the connecting door, as long as people go via that door could it be made to disarm the alarm IF one of either side of the doors is already unarmed? Then automatically re-arm if it is broken again and no movement is present in the hallway..

I need to make a flow-chart to explain what I mean.. Although so far this is very interesting, its right up my street in terms of similarities between what I am being taught at Uni and the real world application of sensors connected to a processor.

Many thanks for all your input so far! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back