Hybrid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking to wire in an alarm system in me house being built.

It's 5 bedrooms, 2 living spaces, utility, hall and double garage (2 garage doors).

Looking through various threads it would seem the Euro 46 or the Premier 48 would give me the option of mostly hard wired but with the option of wireless also if/when required.

I also want to be able to disarm remotely with a key fob the garage only, i.e. before opening the garage door to drive in, yet the main house armed/disarmed using a panel. Can both systems do this and which is better?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Prefer the Euro 46 myself but probably because I have more experience with them.

If you can get a cable to the garage controller you can program a output to control the door and program one of the buttons on the keyfob to open the door also controllable within the phone app. Great if you have deliveries, mates dropping stuff off you can disarm your alarm and open the garage door from anywhere.

Thanks both, for the comments. I have been reviewing both systems and from what I can tell the Texecom seems like a "better" system. It feels more thought out and quality than the Pyronics. Also the app seems a bit more professional? Of course, I have not seen them in real life so cant really say this is true, just the feeling I get from the videos I have watched etc.

Anyway, I have specced up the following and have a few questions if you are able to help (thank you by the way)...

1. Do you see any issues on my plan with regards to where I have positions PIRs and used door/window contacts?

House Diagram.jpg

2. Are all the items listed on my procurement list compatible and is there anything I am missing or would be better recommended?

Alarm Shopping List.PNG

3. I am not keen on the proxy readers or smart keys as there is no protection on their use. Can the Texecom App be used as a replacement so as to Arm, Part Arm and Disarm etc. from within the app. As the phone is secure this to me seems a better option?

4. Can you recommend a good internal sounder (wired preferred but wireless accepted)?

5. Should I cable with 6 or 8 core cable. I know 6 is the only requirement for this but I can do 8 just as easy for any future requirement (House is currently a shell being refurbished).

6. Is the battery I have specified large enough?

I have downloaded the Elite 48 manual and now I am all set for a few nights of bedtime reading!

Thanks in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
okay, my first question would be how many wireless zones and how many wired zones.
struggling to read you picture file list.

I always use 8 core, 1 cable 1 device

The combinations of equipment can make a big difference to price and flexability and kits available can save money.

As for the right detectors, in general a DT is probably overkill for clean living areas, but for conservatories and garages they more suitable.

During a site survey an installer would look at best locations, avoiding drafts and heat sources etc and with wireless try and keep away form large metal objects including foiled plaster board.

Then it may work out better to look at the 64W (and or kits 1-4) and an 8XP

The 64W has 4 zones on board and the 8XP can take 8 zones obviously

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back