Texecom Alarm System Installation In Home & Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hopefully some of you guys may be able to help me.

I’m currently refurbishing a property and want to install a complete new alarm system in both the main house and garage.

I was thinking of putting in one of the Texecom premiere alarm systems. Using a Wired version as I’m not that sure about the wireless systems on the market.

What would the best way be of setting up the system so the garage and house are on one system but I can access one or the other without deactivating the whole system ?

I.e - I can have the garage alarmed and the house not. Or if I was to come home and go straight to the garage I can disarm the garage without going into the house independently.

Is this something that is possible with a Texecom system ?

Regards,

Sponsored Links
Yes it’s possible by using “areas” Just put house devices in Area A and Garage devices (inc keypads) in Area B. The system will then work as if they were two tottaly independent systems. Areas are not to be confused with part sets, these are used within areas for things like a night set (landing off) or dog set (kitchen off) Areas will literally split the system and provide overlaps if required.

Texecom Wireless Ricochet devices can be integrated as well, it’s very good but hardwired will always be best.

Last edited:
Thanks Alarm Engineer for the response. So it sounds like a Texecom system would be the best.

I'm thinking of going for the premier elite system. Is there a package anywhere on-line you could recommend that would come with the smart comm or do I need to buy this separately.

I plan to hard-wire the full system as the house will be undergoing full re-plastering etc.

The Texecom systems look pretty robust compared to the competitors.

Sponsored Links
The kits tend to be for the wireless/hybrid ranges so you’ll have to buy separately. Texecom is great and loads of support can be found on this forum. If your building a fairly large system make sure you install an additional power supply to cover the load. An Elmdene boxed 12v PSU will do or better still a Texecom PSU200 (XP version has 1 built in expander and a footprint for another. - makes things neat!) To calculate your loads go to the Texecom website and look at the software tab and find “EN calculator” you can enter in all the kit you are using and it will tell you the total load. Compare this to the control panel output rating then decide if you need a PSU or not.

Security Warehouse is a good supplier btw!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back