Texecom proximity Tag with two systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fully installed texecom premier system at work which we use the proximity tags to arm/disarm. I have the same system at home and recently added a proximity tag keypad so that I can use the same tag for home and work.

I added the tag that I used for my work alarm to my home alarm user menu last night all working ok at home BUT when I came to work this morning my tag no longer disarms the alarm and I have had to re-add the tag back to the work alarm.

I presumed (wrongly) that these tags were read only but it seems the texecom keypad adds some sort of information to the actual tag to link it to the system.

Is there an easy way to have one tag for both systems or should I just buy an extra set of texecom tags?

Sponsored Links
Use wintex , find out your tag number in the working system then enter the the 6 digit number in the other sytem , this may all depend on what panels and software versions you have , the newer versions give the options of NEW or IMPORT tag ...

You must add to the first system, and import onto the other systems.

If you had a Premier 24, at work, then your tag must be added to this system and it can be imported onto the others.

The coding is different on the premier 24's for the tags, hence why add on the 24 and import on to any of the others.

ie you cant add to premier 48 or elite and import onto the premier 24.

premier 48 panels and the elite range, you add on one system and import onto the other

I cant remember which versions did or didnt have the import function, however you could use wintex and send the prox number over.

adding to one system writes a unique code, adding to another system writes a new code hence why it isnt working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back