Texecom Premier 24 driving me crazy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a Texecom premier 24 with an expander to add extra zones for outbuildings. It has two keypads at both front and rear entry/exit doors. Neither of these keypads appear to be proximity pads although the installation manual that came with them suggests otherwise. They are LCD/P keypads

1. According to the manual it will accept 4/5/6 digit user keys but only 6 digits are accepted, have I missed something here or have texecom changed things?
2. When adding a user it asks if I want to assign a key tag, to which I have answered no. However when I set the system using a user code it arms perfectly but when disarming, it demands a key tag and says the user code is no good. Attempting to assign a tag is ignored by the system and no verification tone is heard.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Sponsored Links
LCDP is keypad with prox reader. Look for Prox print under LCD display on left side. It is where to present prox tags.

1. Global options - System config 37, change it to Grade 2 to have 4 digit codes
2. It is because the panel is Grade 3. Change it to Grade 2 as above and programing users make sure option Locked by Timer is switched off, take the C off.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Serg,

The strange thing is that the keypad doesn't have the prox print on any of the units so I am suspecting they are not the porx version but the standard type, I may have to get some replacements.

Changing the control panel to grade 2 should be a big help. I have looked at the C when programming users but can find no mention of it but I'll have another look today and find out how to remove it.

Think the tag unset option has been removed ( default ) on the V3/4 panels , possibly when you make it grade 2

Sponsored Links
WooHoo many thanks Serg, the need for 6 digits and a prox tag has now gone and everything seems to be as expected. Now all I need to do is the same programming mods on another almost identical system I have and get wintex connecting properly.

Many thanks again you have saved my sanity :)

Sparkymarka, thanks for your reply but please see the above post as everything now seems good and system arms in all modes as expected.

OK another problem has appeared with next to no information in the manual. I have an expander in the garage to add PIR's for the garage and a couple of sheds, The Expander doesn't seem to be set up so I need to know how to set it up and programme 3 new zones using PIR detectors with EOL wiring.

Expander zones start from zone 9 onwards
They come not used
You will need to program each zone type and also select which area you require A or B

Handymanjo thanks for the reply, the expander shows up in confirm devices but I don't seem to have access to zones 9-16, if I select 9 for example it tells me that zone 119 isn't available and seems to add a 1 to any zone number I enter. The main panel covers the house and zones used are 1-8 in area A so maybe I need to designate the outbuildings as zone B. I have also wired them in 4 wire for the alarm and tamper because the expander has terminals for that method but I'll change that to EOL and see if it responds correctly.

What actual panel do you have ? Is it a 24 or 24 w ?
You don't have to bother changing the Zone resistor type on the expander it will be ok if you have 4 wired it

Sparkymarka, It's a premier 24 with 2 keypads, 5 PIR, 2 dor contacts and a smoke detector fitted in the house, which uses all 8 zones on the control panel.

I added an XP8 expander in the garage which covers the garage and 2 sheds using PIR detectors. This is wired back to the control panel which during confirm devices sees both keypads and the expander.

The problem occurs when I try to programme the extra zones on the expander. The manual says that a * should be in front of the zone (ie. *A) when it is functioning, this doesn't appear and nothing seems to make any difference. Zones 9-16 do not appear available.

Go to program zones , scroll down until you get to 9 ( it will say not used ) press no scroll until zone type you want e.g. E/exit press yes , now you can program options

OK problem solved. looking at the manual everything on the network should have different address numbers. With 2 keypads set at addresses 1 &2 I had set the expander to address 3, low and behold setting it to address 1 and the 8 additional zones suddenly sprang to life. Obviously the expander has a separate address system to keypads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back