Proximity Tag Area Arm Only?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Texecom Proximity tag query.

Hi just seeing if anyone knows if this is possible.
I setup a few areas for my property.

Full arm except Van - Area A
outbuilding- Area B,
garage- Area C
Van- Area D

Problem I have is my Mrs wants to be able to easily set the system without selecting the area first.

She sets a full arm with the proximity tag and selects tick and leaves but the problem I have is that if my van is away from the house when I’m at work for instance, the alarm won’t set because it’s trying to set the whole system including my van.

Is there a way of setting her prox tag so it literally sets area A only?

That would make things a lot easier when she leaves knowing she can set it quickly without fuss.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
not sure but all areas not in fault should set.
so your van away areas ABC should set but not D.

If your wife has access to all areas.
Personally if you wife isn’t setting the van do you need to have your wife to have acccess to area D???

Yes that’s right ABC set fine but when she taps the fob and it says ‘full arm’ She selects yes and then it sets the whole system including the van which it then sits there beeping without setting due to the vans PIR not being in range.

Is there a way to allow her to only access ABC and not D as you mention?
And would this rectify the issue where she does a full arm set?

Thanks

We can do it several different ways.

As for which is easiest depends on how you look at things and how you have the areas set up to arm.

If your wifes code only has access to ABC thats the only areas she can set and unset, so area D waits for you to set or unset.

Sponsored Links
We can do it several different ways.

As for which is easiest depends on how you look at things and how you have the areas set up to arm.

If your wifes code only has access to ABC thats the only areas she can set and unset, so area D waits for you to set or unset.
Ok so I can program users so they only have access to certain areas?
She’s down as master I think so I’m assuming I can customise her settings?

You are best to keep the Master user to have access to all areas on the system.

then have a sub codes for others that have acess to less.

Be careful of changing anything other than areas on the master code as you can make the master lose its mastership and then you may require an engineers code to rectify.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back