Pyronix Tag - User Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hopefully I'll explain this well enough...

I have a tag user on my panel set as follows

User Type (0)
User Areas (C)
User Set Options (Unset / Set (0))
Flexi Set (No (0))

This has worked fine up until now... The user simply presents there tag to the reader and it arms and disarms on touch - no mucking about with the panel buttons etc...

The problem however is other users on the panel have started setting Area (A) on the panel, to full set all sensors

When the tag user above enters via the entry/exit route their tag can no longer disarm the alarm, as Area A is set rather than Area C which confused me at first, but I can understand based on the above why it wouldn't allow the tag to disarm the alarm.

I can fix the issue by changing the tag user's areas to A & C and changing Flexi Set to (Yes (1)) allowing them to disarm either of these set areas on touch, and arm either of them but this requires them to intervene on the panel; which I didn't really want.

I wondered whether there was anyway to allow the user to disarm both these areas but still have the panel set Area C upon tag touch?

Hopefully all that makes sense...

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
Without ...a ....why are others setting A ....why is the fob area c only ? What are the reasons ?

Sponsored Links
Without ...a ....why are others setting A ....why is the fob area c only ? What are the reasons ?

A - Full set, all sensors
B - Night set, all sensors minus upstairs
C - Dog set, all senior minus downstairs

We use our codes so set A B or C accordingly. When the dogs not in we set A, when the dogs in we set C... If someone brings the dog back and the full set is on they can't disarm it because they only have C. Now they can because i've added Area A but they can't then tap to set like they could before...

Hope that makes sense?

Or it's going to cost ...you

Cost?

Ok I see ....
Costs ... extra keypad / reader set as C only ( fob set as all areas) when swiped on reader as it is only C will
Only set C , this is an option or it's press areas on panel

Ok I see ....
Costs ... extra keypad / reader set as C only ( fob set as all areas) when swiped on reader as it is only C will
Only set C , this is an option or it's press areas on panel

Thanks Sparky that’s a bit frustrating but suppose we’ll just need to deal with it

You haven't mentioned what panel it is, and whether it's level set or individual areas?

Two things to try (not in front of my demo kit at the moment)

- Assign A B and C to your tag but leave Flexi set off. With any luck it might just set the highest level it has assigned

Failing that, depending on the panel you can set different keypad options for the default level and what area the keypad is in. Might be worth having a play with those - it might take the default level of the keypad when multiple areas are assigned to a tag. Obviously when using a code you can override these.

Alternatively if it's a wireless panel, get a wireless keyfob instead of the prox tag .

Ok then ...so how is the tag selecting the highest level A going to help ? Either you haven't read the issue or understand it ! Please enlighten me on the subject.....

OP,

Set the default area of the keypad to C, assign all areas to the tag, Flexi-set set to no.

Tag will arm and disarm area C all day long with just a swipe.

If someone sets another area, the tag will still disarm the system.

Tested here and it works.

That sound what you're after?

It's the default level that gets presented, not the only level available.....

You can override this if your user has the appropriate permissions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back