Proximity tags dead?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry - newbie here!

I have a Euromini Proximity alarm (http://www.pyronix.co.uk/euro-mini-prox-panel.php), but one of my proximity tags broke recently. So, I was looking at ordering a replacement. I noticed that that the 'official' proximity tag replacements were £46 for 5, yet you could get a similar product for a lot less money from ebay.

Okay, okay... so the product that I ordered was just over £1! They were advertised as universal but they don't 'bleep' when I wave it in from of my alarm panel.

I'm therefore unsure why not (apart from possibly being too cheap!). They are the same hz if that matters. When programming a new tag for this type of alarm, do you need to do this through the engineering menu and therefore the new tag won't bleep straight away, or should unrecognised tags bleep on unset alarms and ask you to add them???

Thanks so much in advance for any pearls of wisdom that you can give :)

Ally

Sponsored Links
They were advertised as universal but they don't 'bleep' when I wave it in from of my alarm panel.

Can a tag be universal to all alarms ? No it cannot.

The tag has to have a unique identity that your alarm system is told to accept. The way that identity is passed to the alarm when you "wave it" varies from make to make. Some tags are hard programmed with their identity at manufacture and cannot be given a different identity. Some can be programmed with a new identity by the panel if the user has permission to re-program tags.

Security.

You have bought a tag from a dubious source. If it was sent to your home address that dubious source, depending on how much other information you provided, may have enough information to create a tag that will dis-able your alarm. They could send that tag to someone living near you together with your address.

You need to add it first ! Press D enter manager code go to change codes / add code , when it asks for code put the fob to keypad , it should bleep and you will get stars in the code display say yes to all options then exit out , now try fob. This is in the user booklet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back