alarm to protect car parking area

Paulboy said:
I have looked in to a seperate alarm system, which is far to expensive,
why not get as suggested a cctv camera?

Paulboy said:
i have therefore thought about using my current system, have just brought an additional sensor which is wirefree, i have checked the operating distance and its ok where its going, its only going to be operated at night, so should it work outside?

no, its made for internal use, and as has been mentioned the local cats, wind, rain WILL set it off

the neighbours will love you

Sponsored Links
I have one of these ......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1280&item=4353786855&rd=1

I place it in my van and although it has an alarm I may not always hear it but with this I can hear it in the house without fail. It is also useful if I am working in a particularly undesirable part of town , you know the areas where power tools are the most common currency , and I take the receiver with me inside the property.
If you were to set it up outside you may have to fix it to a post or fence and fit some sides around it like blinkers to avoid false alarms with the wind and such like. Admittedly it may not be best suited to your needs but they are very useful none the less.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
i have a cctv cameras set up now with a device that will start recording to, just wanted that added alarm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back