driveway / patio

M

marsaday

i have a concrete drive running down the side of the house. we park the cars out the front. i want to pave the back of the house outside the back door and would also like to pave over the current driveway (at the back only). so making a bigger paved area.

i would like to make it so that if needed we could park our car on this area.

my question is: will something like indian paving be ok to take a car on top of it. is it the base which makes the stucture take the weight of the car. any tips on how i should do this. thanks

Sponsored Links
In terms of strength there is no comparison between block paving which is mainly made of coloured concrete, and indian sandstone.

Not only might it crack but i would imagine a car would start to damage the surface too.

If it is for very occasional parking you may get away with it if they were very thick and well layed on a solid bed and extra deep well prepared sub-base.

In my opinion i would not recommend it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back