Albanian migrants, enough is enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one issue which really inflames the country. If Rishi'n'Sue are seen to fix it, they might be able to swing re-election.
These Albanians are plainly not refugees, fly them back.
People would say we can't.
Do it anyway.
Official reason - they're taking the píss.

We need a legal route f entry of course. A slow one, I suggest.

Sponsored Links
Here's my stance on folk coming to live in this country. I'm all for it when folk come in through legal processes and have something positive to contribute to our society. For example, was watching a tv prog about fishing and one of the skippers was saying if it wasn't for foreign labour he wouldn't have enough crew to go to sea due to locals increasingly not wanting to do this type of work. Fine, Mr/Mrs foreigner, in you come.

I'm also fine with us taking in people that are genuinely fleeing a horrendous situation e.g. war-torn country and where the UK is the nearest safe haven for them.

However, are you seeing the reports about the number of Albanian males now coming in illegally to the UK? They reckon it's approx. 1-2% of the entire Albanian male population! Nothing to do with fleeing persecution or anything like that, the entire thing is coordinated and planned, going into crime related activities once they're here.

At long last, the services tasked with managing these situations are saying they are swamped and things are out of control. And the bill is estimated to be around £7 million a day to house them? (that might be all migrants.)

What a complete joke. The management of the whole migrant thing has been a farce for long enough now. It's one thing to have folk coming in that are maybe in need of our help and are maybe genuinely fleeing something horrendous, however when it's blatantly obvious none of that applies, why the feck aren't we doing more to tackle it?

p.s. please don't be a muppet and ask me to cite my sources, there are numerous articles about this across the media. Google is your friend if you want the proof.

p.p.s. please try to keep the thread 'locked' free by not posting things you know might lead to this!

I agree with your stance apart from:

one of the skippers was saying if it wasn't for foreign labour he wouldn't have enough crew to go to sea due to locals increasingly not wanting to do this type of work. Fine, Mr/Mrs foreigner, in you come.

Have you considered why the locals don't want to do this work? It's because they are being paid not to work by the British welfare state.

The welfare state is the root of all evil in this country. It's the reason why we are in debt, why we are overrun with foreigners, why everyone has fake illnesses, why the NHS is overrun and why we do not have credible armed forces.

Sorry to be blunt but a lot of british natives have a reputation of being a bit lazy and difficult, was less hassle to employ
eastern europeans who were/are more focused and reliable

Sorry to be blunt but a lot of british natives have a reputation of being a bit lazy and difficult, was less hassle to employ
eastern europeans who were/are more focused and reliable
Does anyone know any employed Albanians? Almost all the Albanians are 'self employed'. ;)

Sponsored Links
Notch and Denso are quiet, they said there is no Albanian problem.

It's a "summer blip" according to Noseall. Is £2.4 billion a blip?

I agree with your stance apart from:

The welfare state is the root of all evil in this country. It's the reason why we are in debt, why we are overrun with foreigners, why everyone has fake illnesses, why the NHS is overrun and why we do not have credible armed forces.

If you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys doing the job - pay a good wage for a days work and people will work.
Anyone inclined towards criminal activity will do so regardless of incentives towards an honest days work.
Plenty of migrants will come to do an honest days work - and some will be forced into illegal activity by unscrupulous gangmasters who take all their money.
The welfare state is the only thing standing between absolute poverty and the gutter for some folk - do you really want to bring back the workhouse?

do you really want to bring back the workhouse?
I used to think "surely we could get people on benefits doing something, anything, in order to get those benefits; the government becomes employer - streets swept, graffiti cleaned, envelopes stuffed, whatever"

Then the more of them I met the more I thought "Fark me, I wouldn't trust you to even push a wheelbarrow in the right direction"

That said, maybe there is some scope for an enhanced level of benefits for the capable ones who would want to do a bit, and maybe we'd see a bit of return on investment. In India I recall they find it cheaper to buy rubbish off people than to pay street cleaners; people willingly collecting huge piles of trash to exchange for cash, so they can feed themselves..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back