Alcove cabinet/cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got some unused space that would be ideal for an inbuilt cabinet or cupboard of some sort. I am trying to think of what the best way to do this. Basically I want two tiers, the bottom has smaller doors and the upper with a couple of longer doors.

I will use plywood for the shelves and have got spare timber for the baton supports. Just wondering if there are any guides I can use to build the basic shape of the cabinet, like the overall frame and what it needs to consist of.

Any tips most appreciated!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
what size are the alcoves!!!

somtimes it looks better if you have the top open slightly sunken shelves and possibly lighting' this would be sitting on top of the base or looking like it should
and the bottom section solid wood top proud or slightly forward of the alcove with the top overlaping 20-25mm anywhere there isnt a wall
doors and plinth at the bottom

OK cheers for that. The size is 42" wide and 15" deep. I was looking at a very simple design like building a frame inside to house all the selves, i wanted it near enough flush against the wall and don't want it sticking out too much.

Have you got any pictures of some examples that you were proposing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back