All Ground Floor Door Fire Rated?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am replacing the doors in my house. The property is a 3 storey terrace with no loft conversion. None of the existing doors are fire rated apart from the old Garage door, but that room has been converted into a study.

My carpenter noted that if I am replacing the doors then the ground floor doors all need to be fire rated. I was going to replace the existing old Garage door with a fire door, but the rest were going to be replaced like for like.

Having looked at the various building regulations I cannot seem to find any mention of this regulation, unless the property is multi-occupancy, which it isn't as my family are the sole occupants.

Can anyone confirm this regulation and point me to it?

Thanks,

Jon

Sponsored Links
Replace like for like here. That said a fire door with smoke seals (no closer) is always a good idea on a kitchen IMO, provided you can be bothered to shut the door overnight.

If it were a new build then they would/should be fire doors but as you are replacing them they should just be no worse than the existing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back