all rads cold - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

all my radiators remain cold when i turn on the heating. the thermostat is turned up. the rads have all been bled.

Is it the CH pump thats died?? (Wilo Gold CH Pump)

I have a Powermax 155CP combi boiler

also what is the big screw in the middle of CH pump used for? can it be turned??

is it time to call a plumber?

cheesr

Sponsored Links
dingbat75 said:
all my radiators remain cold when i turn on the heating. the thermostat is turned up. the rads have all been bled.
Please confirm that the boiler lights.

Is it the CH pump thats died?? (Wilo Gold CH Pump)
Quite possibly - they don't last forever and a pump failure would be consistent with the 'Nouvelle Cuisine' styled symptoms that you've provided.

also what is the big screw in the middle of CH pump used for? can it be turned?
It's a cover - you can remove it and determine whether or not the pump shaft is rotating when it ought to be.

is it time to call a plumber?
No necessarily. Unless it's a gas boiler problem then most of the usual suspects will be replaceable by you, with the right tools and willingness to learn.

Do you have any motorised valves?

Yep the boiler lights up and i get hot water.

if i remove the cover will water pour out?

I could try to replace it but i would need instructions with pictures if possible
don't what u mean by motorrized valves on the CH pump??

what size/type pump would i need to buy as i dont know what size this one is. is there a standard size for domestic combi boilers?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back