All RCBO Consumer Unit - Hagar vs. Curve vs. MK

davelx> You've sent me a PM, but have disabled messages from non-friends, so I can't reply. Hopefully you're reading this thread?

Yes - I think that must have been the default setting when I joined as I don't recall changing that. Anyway, I've changed the setting and also responded to your request.

Sponsored Links
still not sure why they put the neutral bar on the right, seems stupid to me

Why's it stupid? I like the North/East/South/West split, which is all incomming cables from the North, all neutrals go East, all go earths West, all lives go south.

still not sure why they put the neutral bar on the right, seems stupid to me

Why's it stupid? I like the North/East/South/West split, which is all incomming cables from the North, all neutrals go East, all go earths West, all lives go south.

I just mean swapping the N and E bars over

Because you have a big chuck of unnecessary neutral tail snaking it's way across the back of the RCBOS taking up valuable space.

If the neutral bar was on the left and the earth bar on the right (As with the EAD12), there would be no appreciable difference in wiring technique, and the neutral bar would connect to the main switch with a busbar (as the EAD12 does)

Sponsored Links
Still not sure why they put the neutral bar on the right, seems stupid to me
It's just the stickers, isn't it?

I think all CUs are like that - not necessarily 'on the right' but depending on what you want.

Why don't they just supply the g/y and blue strips to be stuck on where you require instead of having to scrape them off and replace?

Still not sure why they put the neutral bar on the right, seems stupid to me
It's just the stickers, isn't it?

I think all CUs are like that - not necessarily 'on the right' but depending on what you want.

Why don't they just supply the g/y and blue strips to be stuck on where you require instead of having to scrape them off and replace?

well in the EAD12 the Neutral bar is connected directly to the bottom of the main switch with a bit of what is essentially a busbar, so in that case it's not a case of swapping the stickers, cos it's fixed. It's a good choice though because it means you don't have the neutral tail at all (there's no picture in the brochure of it configured this way though)

well in the EAD12 the Neutral bar is connected directly to the bottom of the main switch with a bit of what is essentially a busbar, so in that case it's not a case of swapping the stickers, cos it's fixed. It's a good choice though because it means you don't have the neutral tail at all

Ah, that is neat. I have no idea why N and E would be swapped on this as that seems like a good solution.

(there's no picture in the brochure of it configured this way though)

Ha. I'd already failed to find pictures. :)

Yea the Eaton brochure is old and not very picture centric

This method is obviously only good for 'main switch' consumer units for RCBO installs, but it's a very neat solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back