Alpha 240E does not fire up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alpha 240E stopped working 2 days ago, does not fire up. when there is a demand for DHW or CH, the water pump works and the fan works but there is no ignition. any idea what might be the cause. I pressed the white reset button and the red reset button but did not make any deference. ant help would be highly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Under the rules of the forum, no advice on GasSafety Related matters will be given.

Can only suggest that you engage a GasSafe Registered Engineer to visit to rectify matters for you.

DH

in most cases, people use forms to narrow down the faults and have an idea of the cost involved. not necessarily carry out the work themselves. However, my initial fault finding indicate the ignition PCB in faulty. I believe this is not gas related issue, any DIY enthusiast or engineer would have no problem replacing the board with out endanger anyone lives. I also believe knowledge should be shared and advice given with warring if need be. Hence I disagree with your reply

Sponsored Links
if I do not need an advice I would not be wasting my time and post the . a decent genuine second opinion is always a value add, and confirm the understanding of the issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back