alpha 280e combi boiler not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys. Another newby here so bear with me. Have an Alpha 280e Combi Boiler That is 11 Years Old. Recently serviced (sept 2012) and was told boiler in pretty good condition for it's age. Apart from replacing the diaphram 4 years ago there have been no probs. Problem i have is the boiler will switch on but the gas will not light. hinking it could be the electrodes or maybe the ignition pcb. any thoughts. (Also does'nt fire up when hot tap turned on) Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys.

Problem i have is the boiler will switch on but the gas will not light. hinking it could be the electrodes or maybe the ignition pcb. any thoughts. (Also does'nt fire up when hot tap turned on)

Many Thanks

If the problem was caused by either of those or related parts then we dont advise on them here as its not a job for a DIYer.

The obvious advice is to call a competent Gas reg engineer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It may be the pcb/ignition, but there are also components within the combustion area that need to be eliminated, and I would only suggest to get it checked out properly. Chucking parts at it will prove very expensive, not that I was suggesting that you would.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back