Alpha boiler cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Got an alpha boiler (2years old) not sure of model but it runs the heating for a few hours then cuts out. The 'B' orange light then flashes. I can restart it by reseting the dial but a couple of plumbers have come round and scratched their heads and haven't really had a clue.

Could the flue be blocked or the 'tempertaure guage' be faulty? THe Alpha helpline weren't much help!

Dont want to spend a fortune on needless repairs so any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The orange flashing light on some older Alpha's would suggest a fault on the primary ntc sensor.
If you have the installation manual you will find in it somewhere a list of fault light indicators with the relative faults for each one.

The model number is alpha CD30S

and the 'B' light is solid not flashing. It normally runs for a few hours before cutting out

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
To the best of my knowledge I don't think Alpha do a CD30S...Sure it's not a CD20S?...

I think the Alpha CD system boilers have a 3 year warranty...Did you check this when you called the Alpha Helpline?...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back