ALPHA Bolier 240P No hot water C/H fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Think i have the same problem as a few others previously. The C/H is fine as soon as i turn the hot water on it cuts out. If i try just the hot water it does not fire up. Sometimes with the C/H on and if i turn the hot water on it will keep on cutting in and out. I have read some previous posts about this problem and the problems seems to be either the DHW Diaphragm or the diverter valve. I took a look the other day and noticed the shaft on the DHW come out although did not check it was activating the micro switch. Would i be right in thinking if i operate this manually and it cuts in then its the diaphragm, of course making sure the switch is ok. How would i check the diverter ?

Sponsored Links
Pushing the switch manually should always make the boiler start. Any hesitation or interruption and the switch is faulty.
See if the pin pushes the switch fully. If it does, and the switch is clicking, it would appear to be the switch so test that.
If it doesn't, either the diaphragm is stretched/holed, or the DV is gummed up. Only dismantling will tell you which.

Thanks Chris, will check that tonight. If its the DV or DHW i guess i am going to have to drain the system down first, whats the quickest or should i say the best way in doing this as dont want to make matters worse with an air lock etc... Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back