Alpha C23 hot water fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people! Please could someone help solve this problem I'm having with my boiler. When I run hot water tap, the boiler fires up, but only delivers Luke warm water. I have noticed the radiators getting warm also, while running the hot water tap, even when I have the boiler set on hot water mode only. The water will get warmer as the heating gets hotter. Please help

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a diverter valve failure.

Until thats fixed you should get better hot water if you close one of the heat circuit isolating valves.

Tony

Thanks for the reply. This boiler doesn't have a diverted valve. I've tried a pcb as well to no avail. When I run the hot tap the pump runs as well

You are correct Jambo your boiler has a Bi Thermal heat exchanger sometimes called a twin pass and yes it does not have a diverter valve, change the thermistor not a big job and reasonably inexpensive

Sponsored Links
If no diverter valve then why is the pump running during DHW Ian?

If no diverter valve then why is the pump running during DHW Ian?

When the thermistor faults tony the pcb thinks the thermistor is in frost protection mode and causes the pump to run, its a common fault with that range

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back