Alpha CB24 CH boiler - Clock/remote stat issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please Help! The story so far

I have an Alpha CB 24 combi boiler with hard wired external room stat and a programmer/clock installed into the boiler - About 3 weeks ago the CH side of things stopped working (hot water still OK), I followed the fault finder and thought the problem pointed towards the clock/programmer. At this point I unplugged it and connected the wires so it just run off the room stat and it all worked OK.

Rather than replace the clock I thought I would upgrade to a programmer/remote room stat (model alpha easystat 6.100250) which I did. I followed the very simple instructions to the letter but at the end I could not get the CH to come on. I am now thinking the original clock was never broken and I have a completely separate issue, can anyone help?

cheers, Stuart

Sponsored Links
If it worked when you linked it out there is no reason for it not to work with the new clock.

My money is on it being wired incorrectly.

All wired exactly as per instructions, my only thought is do I need to establish a link back at the main terminal block now the hardwired room stat is removed?

There is a link on the main terminal block between 1 & 2. You need to remove this and wire your Switched live to term 1.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, I will attempt first thing in the morning - dont want to be without heating tonight if i cock it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possum,

sorry for delay - heating was still working but via the old room stat only. Your suggestion was spot on, I now have a flash new programmable room stat (remote) and am very happy. I have new problems with TRV's and column rads but wont go there yet.

Thanks again.

Stu

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back