Alpha CB24X Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I've got an Alpha CB24X boiler which hasn't caused any problems until the past few days.

Bascially, it's taking a lot more water pressure to kick in the hot water part of the boiler. If the heating is on then the water is fine but if not the hot tap has to be open quite a way before it heats the water up.

From reading previous posts it sounds like this is down to stuck microswitch? Is this something thats easy to clean/replace/test?

many Thanks!

Sponsored Links
To the left of the pump assembly, which is on the right.

I wouldn't tend to agree that a diaphragm change is easy on these, as you have to take out the plate HE to remove the head off the diverter valve before you can replace the diaphragm.

All the new seals you will need are supplied in the diaphragm kit.

Sponsored Links
My Alpha gas combination boiler has just stopped working. First the hot water stopped and the hot taps ran cold. The pressure gauge was in the middle of the green zone and no neon’s were illuminated. During this time the Heating worked fine. Then days later the heating ceased to come on and upon inspection the neon’s A and B were flashing Alternately, which signifies that the pressure is to low and the system needs to be re-pressurised. Sure enough the pressure gauge had fell to 0.5 Bar, well below the green zone. The only external control is the reset and this does nothing to change the situation.

Is it possible to re-pressurise the system myself? It has not been serviced since we moved in 18 months ago. Shall I call the Alpha help line or British gas? If any one knows what course of action to take or what might be wrong with it then I will be better equipped to avoid the rouge tradesman.
:)

My gas combination boiler has just stopped working. First the hot water stopped and the hot taps ran cold. The pressure gauge was in the middle of the green zone and no neon’s were illuminated. During this time the Heating worked fine. Then days later the heating ceased to come on and upon inspection the neon’s A and B were flashing Alternately, which signifies that the pressure is to low and the system needs to be re-pressurised. Sure enough the pressure gauge had fell to 0.5 Bar, well below the green zone. The only external control is the reset and this does nothing to change the situation.

Is it possible to re-pressurise the system myself? It has not been serviced since we moved in 18 months ago. Shall I call the Alpha help line or British gas? If any one knows what course of action to take or what might be wrong with it then I will be better equipped to avoid the rouge tradesman.

Underneath the boiler you'll see a metal hose with a black tap at one end. Open this slowly and it will increase the system pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back