Alpha CB28 - hot water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alpha CB28 and just recently i've had problems with the hot water. It seems to be fine when the central heating is on but otherwise the boiler fires up for a few seconds and then cuts out. the result is that the water never gets warmed up.

Have read that it may be to do with the diagpragm - can anyone confirm this or give any other possible faults ?

Thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris but I have no idea how I would go about doing that - is that something i can get to with taking the front off the boiler ? Was thinking I would need to get a plumber in

Nick

It dosnt sound as if you can repair it anyway as all repairs need the casing to be taken off.

The switch on the top of the diverter valve should be pulled up and that action should bring the boiler on thinking there is a DHW demand. If so then the diverter valve seems failed.

If taking the switch off does NOT bring on the boiler then the switch seems failed.

Mostly in my experience its the diverter but thats more costly and involved so everyone tests the switch first!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I think you can reach the said switch by lowering thefront panel. If you unclip the switch you can press the switch manually - the boiler should respond every time. The switch causes a lot of problems, one of which is to make the boiler do exactly what yours is!

Chris, I think you will find the DHW is activated with the switch button OUT and off when in !

Tony

Anyone know how much this will cost to repair ? Just want to prepare myself !

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back