Alpha CD32C Combi - Heating OK, no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As above I have a Alpha CD32C Combi.

Heating works fine but hot water is tepid at best, not an emergency but can live with it for a while.

Not a keen DIYer and suspect I need a CORGI plumber to deal but would like to forewarn the people before they arrive.

(posting in a rush this morning so happy to be pointed at previous threads).

May as well take this oppertunity for these forums as I've managed to fix a few household appliances by doing a search here.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just thought I'd post an update in case anyone else has the same problems.

Finally realised that the boiler was still under warrenty so called out the Alpha guys.

Excellent aftercare from Alpha!

Anyway, chap came round and fiddled around but no fault found?

His diagnosis was that I needed a non-return valve on the hot and cold feed to the thermostatic shower vave.

Ok, water temp is better by moving shower controls to cold but still doesn't explain why it was working previously.

The only thing I can think of is that I have a radiator off for some time although I can't see what difference this makes?

Just waiting for the non-return valves to be fitted to see if this fixes the problem once and for all.

Oh, Alpha contacts are: -

General Enquiries: 01732 783 000
Sales: 01732 783 001
Helpline: 0870 300 1964
Aftercare: 0870 300 1965
Training: 0870 300 1963
Marketing: 08702 400 889
Accounts: 01732 783 005

E-mail: [email protected]

Online: http://www.alpha-innovation.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back