Alpha CD35C boiler leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak from my Aplha CD35C. The boiler occasionally has a catastrophic leak and water drips from a small hole under the boiler and the pressure drops to the point where the boiler switches itself off and i have to top up.

The boiler then continues to leak for 10-15 mins then stops.

Its under guarantee and i've had alpha out twice who can't seem to see the source of the leak. ( sods law the boiler is never having one of its leaking sessions when the engineer is here ).

I'm assuming this is some kind of release valve?

Sponsored Links
more likely to be an automatic air vent, call alpha back.

keep getting them back until they fix it or find the leak yourself and show them were its leaking from

It's probabley a bit late, but I had exactly the same problem. The engineer sent by Alpha fixed it in 5 Mins. It was a leak from the mains input to the boiler. You cannot see this if the front cover is on. As it was still under warranty I hadn't removed it.

Sponsored Links
a leak from the main wouldnt cause a pressure drop.

usually a leak can be traced by seeing where it is gathering/staining and trying to trace it back,as it is an Alpha though there are probably more leaks than Jamie Olivers seive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back