1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha CD50 or Worcester Greenstar 40CDi

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by steve28, 21 Feb 2006.

1. steve28

steve28

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Im going to be replacing my Potterton Lynx this summer after 18 glorious years (apart from the last few weeks and the gas board but thats another story)

I'm considering the Alpha CD50 because I like the idea of a water store without the attic tank. I have 1 bath and two showers plus the normal assortment of kitchen appliances.

First person I asked about a price told me they were rubbish and the Worcester Greenstar was better. I'm not convinced, and therefore looking for some comments from anyone with expierence of both to give me a non biased view.

Neither unit is cheap, so I want to make sure I get the best for teh money.

Any advice appreciated.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. weareleeds

weareleeds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Go for a vaillant or worcester bg will do a worcester greenstar for under £1900 if it meets flueing regulations etc

4. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Greenstar without a doubt .

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local