Alpha HE CB25/33 Problems - at a loss please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

We have an Alpha HE CB25/33 combi boiler and I have two problems.

1. When we turn the hot water tap on, it is cold. Unless we have the heating on at the same time.

2. Everytime I set the pressure, it drops to zero after a while everytime. It does hold if we put the pressure very high, but the overflow is constantly shedding water. I have bleed all the rads.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Gareth.

Sponsored Links
I cannot quite visualise your boiler but assuming its a condensing one it may have a five year warrantee but although they extensively advertise that it probably only applies to the better models.

You seem to have a failed DHW demand unit.

As well as a leak somewhere, possibly just from the PRV.

You may need help.

Tony

sounds like the prv needs replacing & ex-vessel needs checking.
if iam thinking of the right model i think it still has the horse shoe flow switch if it does prob that causing the fault on the hot water

Sponsored Links
sounds like the prv needs replacing & ex-vessel needs checking.
if iam thinking of the right model i think it still has the horse shoe flow switch if it does prob that causing the fault on the hot water

Is the PRV the pressure release valve. The red knob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back