altering large radius bend for wc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a bathroom and want to canvas opinion on whether this is possible.

Customer lives in a bungalow and has one wc (separate sewerage to bath/shower waste water). I have pulled the floor up and have found a large radius bend below the floor which comes straight up through the bathroom floor. Trouble is it is about two foot from where the wc needs to go so very untidy.

I can swivel the bend under the floor 45 degrees so it is horizontal (was as should be vertical) then put another 90 degree bend straight onto this and bring up behind the wc. As previously stated nothing else goes into the large radius bend below the floor as all other waste is run seperate.

Question is will this cause problems as bend below floor is now horizontal.

Sponsored Links
You shouldnt have bends underground without access.......but will proberbly work.

the access will be from the nearest manhole outside - it`s not too far away, is it ;)

no not too far. All i have effectively done is add a horizontal bend below the floor as opposed to above it. My only fear is that the bend below the floor is the one that goes directly into the sewer so therefore should be vertical (by the books)

Sponsored Links
Would be better if you could bend the large radius to 45 deg and add a 135 deg bend to bring it vertical.
If you cant then bend it the 90 deg but remember the number one rule of plumbing-water flows downhill!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back