aluminium double glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i'm buying a 1930's bay fronted house with aluminium double glazing and would like to know if the internal rubber (black) gaskets can be easily replaced.the wife says they are manky and horrible but i think with a bit of tlc they could still be o.k. by the way the house needs loads of work and replacing the windows would kill our budget. any advice?

Sponsored Links
I know it will be a rubbish job to do, but could you go at them with an old toothbrush and some mild detergent?

Hi there,

You can still get gaskets for aluminium windows. Just try a local shopfront installation company and they will sort you out. If your in yorkshire I could sort it probably.

Cotty

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

You can still get gaskets for aluminium windows. Just try a local shopfront installation company and they will sort you out. If your in yorkshire I could sort it probably.

Cotty
yes ofcourse, you should consult installarion company, they can seriously understand your problem to visit the house....and for advice you can get gaskets...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back