Always ask, never assume!

R

RedHerring

Always ask, never assume!

His request approved, to film in Haiti the CNN News photographer quickly used his mobile to call the local airport in Jamaica to charter a flight.

He was told a twin-engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.

Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a hanger.

He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and shouted, 'Let's go'.

The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind and took off.

Once in the air, the photographer instructed the pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures of the fires on the hillsides .'

'Why?' asked the pilot.

'Because I'm a photographer for CNN' , he responded, 'and I need to get some close up shots to test my equipment.'

The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered, 'So, what you're telling me, is ...

. . . You're NOT my flight instructor ??' :eek: :confused: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
True story, when I was learning to fly, I had done all the basic training, I was told to get myself a medical certificate from a list of CAA authorized doctors.
I passed the medical and was issued with a (class 2) certificate (this being necessary for solo flight)
When the great day dawned, after having done three circuits with the instructor...he said I will do the radio this time....G LFSA to land..We taxied the aircraft to the GA apron, where he said to me...

I am authorizing you to do one solo circuit, do as you have been doing, don't take any chances, listen to what air traffic say, the aircraft will feel far more responsive, right off you go...hold on a mo, while I get my jacket out of the back in case it get's burnt...

Wotan

I am authorizing you to do one solo circuit, do as you have been doing, don't take any chances, listen to what air traffic say, the aircraft will feel far more responsive, right off you go...hold on a mo, while I get my jacket out of the back in case it get's burnt...

Now theres confidence for you!

:LOL: :LOL:

Now theres confidence for you!

:LOL: :LOL:
It was certainly a test of resolve, the solo went well, not the best landing in the world, but it earned me a bottle of champagne. :LOL:

Wotan

Well you're still with us so it must have been ok. :LOL:

Well done mate, got bottle going up in one of them things. ;)

Going up is the easy part, coming down in safety is the critical part. :LOL: ;)

Wonder if the original story (set during the forest fires in California) was actually true? Probably not.

Speaking of flaps ,here is a tip

If your camping in the summer and the attractive young woman in the next tent says she is sleeping with her flaps open because its hot
Its not necessarilly an invitation for casual sex.
I appear in court next monday

Sponsored Links
Back